Raising Awareness During National Dental Hygiene Month
Thanks to the The American Dental Hygienists’ Association and the Wrigley Jr. Company, we get to help raise public awareness about good oral health this month. The ADHA encourages everyone to keep the “Daily 4” in mind when it comes to dental hygiene.
1. BRUSH twice a day (for 2 minutes each time)
2. FLOSS everyday
3. RINSE with mouthwash to remove bacteria
4. CHEW sugar free gum especially after eating or drinking
Since integrating good oral health care habits into your daily routine benefits and contributes to improved overall health, we would also like to add a few more tips for you to keep in mind.
5. EAT a healthy diet, include lots of vegetables
6. DRINK plenty of water
7. AVOID tobacco products
8. VISIT your dentist for checkups and cleanings twice a year
Having a good oral health routine at home is important in order to prevent periodontal disease which effects close to 75% of adults. If you have any questions or concerns regarding proper care for your teeth and gums don't hesitate to ask one of our wonderful hygienists at your next visit.